Accurately locating seams while automatically activating other functions
Menzel Seam Detectors
As a leader in seam detection system, we offer both electronic and mechanical devices to meet our customer’s specific requirements. Either seam detector can be interfaced with an electric timer for a second contract with adjustable delay, or with a present counter to provide a second contact at a pre-selected yardage. Both systems are very accurate and user friendly, with the electronic system requiring little or no reconfiguration for webs of different colors and opacities.
The following is a list of standard features found on all Menzel mechanical seam detectors:
- Sturdy steel framework for years of trouble-free service.
- Two non-marking sensing rolls for accurately locating seams.
- Micrometer gap setting is adjustable for a variety of fabric thicknesses.
- Limit switch activates predetermined functions
The following is a list of standard features found on all Menzel electronic seam detectors:
- A deep throat sensing head with dual photo-electric detecting sensors provides the most accurate seam detection possible, regardless of web consistency.
- Control box with sensitivity switch puts control at operator’s fingertips.
- On/off switch and output relay.
Both mechanical and electronic seam detection systems can be used to activate the following:
- Open a calendar nip for seam passage
- Raise a shearing blade
- Seam mapping system
- Alarm or warning light
- Raise sueding machine sanding rolls
- Machine stop at exact position of seams
- Electronic timer for improved seam location accuracy.
- Second contact with delay for multiple activation function
- Preset counter can be set to control other functions at pre-determined yardages.