Accumulating fabric to allow continuous range operation during roll changes
When your finishing range has to be stopped in order to change roll, production comes to a halt. To avoid this problem, Menzel has developed a line of scrays, in several configurations, to allow continuous operation during roll changes for a wide variety of webs and applications.
Whether you need a J-Scray for a wide variety of fabrics, a U-Scray for delicate fabrics, or a Z-Scray for maximum accumulation, or your requirements call for a custom-designed scray, we have a solution for you.
- Rigid steel framework is fabricated with 2“ x 6” rectangular tubing.
- Grooved, rubber covered draw roll with a system of anti-wrap cords insures continuous operation without wrap up due to static.
- Air-loaded nip atop the draw roll helps prevent slippage and improved traction.
- Slide pan is formed by a series of 3/4″ round, stainless steel tubes, fixed parallel on 3’ centers to guide the fabric. Perfect for wet or dry applications.
- Idler rolls for tight-strand operation.
- 2”-bar tension device with hand-wheel adjustment for tension control of various fabrics.
- White formica inspection table, with 2” idler rolls and adjustable tilt angle, enhances quality control.
- Operator’s platform, with 2” idler rolls and lean rail make inspection process convenient and safe.
- Variable speed drive allows independent feed operation from the finishing range.
- Skyframe with guiders for web alignment.